Soups, Salads & Starters Recipes
These are not to be confused with our secret recipes, but we thought you might like them.
Rando’s “MonsterBaster” Hot Wings! We’ve handed out hundreds!
Sorry, but this recipe has been removed since we won the 2005 Illinois State Barbecue Championship with this wing recipe. To those of you who already have it, Shhhhh! We don’t want the competition using our recipe against us!
Seafood Chowder My specialty! It’s quick, easy and GOOD!
1 – 6 ounce can crab meat
1 – 6 ounce can clams
1 – 8 ounce can oysters
1 – 4.25 ounce can shrimp
2 – 10 ounce can cream of potato soup
1 – 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1 – 10 ounce can cream of celery soup
1 small onion diced
1 quart half and half
1 stick butter (the real thing)
1 teaspoon Tabasco
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
In a sauce pan melt the butter with low to medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until onion is clear. Add all the cans of seafood with juices from cans. Heat just to a low boil and remove from heat. Put the cream of celery, potato, and mushroom soups along with the half and half, salt, pepper, and Tabasco in a crock pot. Set heat on High. Stir in the seafood mixture and parsley until well mixed. Allow to heat throughout. Serve with oyster crackers. Serves 12.
Connie’s Ten Layer Salad It’s better than seven layer salad.
1 head of lettuce, shredded
8 green onions, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 8 ounce package frozen peas
1 24 ounce bottle of Hidden Valley Original Ranch dressing
1 8 ounce package fresh mushrooms, sliced
8 hard boiled eggs, sliced
2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
1 4 ounce can sliced black olives
1 12 ounce package of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
In a large bowl, layer the ingredients in order listed. Cover and refrigerate over night. Toss before serving.
Eggs and Chilies courtesy of Kathy Brittin A GREAT way to start the day!
Heat oven to 375
1 cup milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 lb. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 & 1/2 tsp. sugar
1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies (MILD and add a VERY GOOD flavor.)
1/2 cup flour
1 16 oz. carton cottage cheese
Melt 1 stick oleo or butter (yes Kathleen, we know you’ll use butter)
Add the melted oleo to the eggs and pour entire mixture into a 11 x 13
baking dish (glass works best)
Bake for 45 minutes until the top turns a golden brown
I have found that you can also add cooked bacon, ham, or sausage to this
before you bake it if you want a li
- Sizzler – A Brand That Is Hidden At The Corner (myworldmylifeliveit.com)
- PointsPlus Super-Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Family Meals Matter: Family meals in a flash (mycookingathome.blogspot.com)
- Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup (feedintothefeed.com)
- October 28th Lunch (baxterssaloonandgrilldailyspecials.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (emily-eats.com)
- Sunchokes Shine: The Native Root Vegetable Gets its Much-Deserved Field Day in the Sun (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- If I Had My Own Restaurant (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Beyond Croutons: 5 Fabulous Soup Toppers (thekitchn.com)
- Speedy Suppers (abundantnurturing.wordpress.com)